After the recent iTunes update (10.5) a client called because their computer seemed extremely slow.
When I arrived on site, I noticed AppleMobileDeviceService.exe was using 50% of the CPU and iTunes the other 50% I’m surprised he was able to get anything done with it open. A bit of Googling suggested it’s a common problem and previously a reinstall of iTunes 10.5 was the suggested fix –I uninstalled, and reinstalled version 10.5. to no avail. I also uninstalled and installed an earlier version I had saved on the computer, also to no avail. I went as far as to uninstall, delete all internal itunes folders, and still the same problem. An hour and half later I found this -

netsh winsock reset

from a command prompt (as Administrator) followed by a reboot. I have used this command in the past to...